First, let me just say that I am so not a pet person. I don't have anything against animals, I love animals, I just don't want to be responsible for any animals of my own. So a couple weeks ago at a church activity I won the early bird prize. The prize was to take home one of the centerpieces from the dinner. Yeah! I love winning prizes... the theme of the evening was "Teach a Man to Fish" so you can only imagine what the centerpiece was. Yep. A Fish. Inoke and I were flying out to Arizona the next morning so I asked Alumita to watch and take care of the fish for me and I would pick him up when we came back. Really I thought after a week or so she would like having the fish so much she would want to keep him and I would be off the hook. (No pun intended) So we went on our trip and when we came back Alumita called to see when I would be picking up the fish... I managed to put it off for a couple days. Then last week Inoke saw Alumita and she asked him when we wanted our fish. He was so excited that we had a fish! He called me on the way to work and asked "Hey did you know we have a fish!?!" to which I replied... "Uh yes." So that was the end of my procrastinating that evening our little fish was delivered. So next came naming the fish. Inoke wanted to name it Karla... what? I still don't know what he was thinking. I voted for Bruce. Just because he is blue, and wasn't there a blue shark named Bruce on some disney movie??? Inoke didn't like Bruce and I don't like Karla. SO Fishy it is. I think little Fishy is actually growing on me. He is certainly inspiring ideas for Inoke... now he is talking about getting a big aquarium and buying all these big fish for it. Uh Oh.

4 comments:
I always thought I wanted a fish and then after our reception I kept one of the fish center pieces and realized, fish poop and you have to change their stinky water. I had our fish bowl on the counter and one day I went to change the water and he had jumped out of the bowl and into the sink...he was all dried up when I got to him. Hopefully you'll have better luck with Fishy.
Fishy, huh?! That's a great name! Ioelu talks about getting a big aquarium too. He promised Krisalyn that she can have a fish...and a dog. We will see, fish are a lot cheaper! Just don't get other beta fish...they tend to eat one another...you could have called him Donner, hahaha! Ok, that was bad, but hopefully funny!
What a cute memeber of your family. I love the name pretty original. I actually loved having fish and they aren't to much work, just change their water every now and then.
I have successfully killed every fish I have owned. I hope Fishy survives you! And I like the name Bruce, in honor of one of Mallina's favorite movies ;)
Post a Comment