We had a nice and quiet day yesterday. No big ham dinners or Easter bunny baskets. I tried out a new recipe in the slow cooker (try check out the link to the Crock pot recipes blog on the right) Mongolian Beef with Jasmine Rice and fresh green beans... wow. My eyes are now open to the infinite possibilities that a Crock pot really has. In the past I was a roast with carrots and potatoes and that is just about it in the Crock pot lady... now I am so excited to try new recipes... But I digress. So Easter, we went to church, then came home and took a nice nap and enjoyed the sunny afternoon together.
I was debating on getting Nadia a big Easter basket full of goodies. But what would I put in it? After all she is still only eating rice cereal and baby foods. So who would end up eating all that Easter candy? ME. Nope, not a good idea. Perhaps next year...
Here are a couple pictures of Inoke and Nadia before church.
3 comments:
We don't do Easter Baskets at my house because after all according to my hubby what do bunnies and chocolate eggs have to do with the Savior. But everyone always gets new church clothes to wear on Easter Sunday. I told him we get new clothes because the Savior gave us a new life with the Resurrection! By the way.... check your email I just sent you a huge weight watchers cookbook all for the crackpot. I think it has over 1500 recipes in it, including desserts! I love it and use my crock-pot about 2-3 times a week.
Hey Karla and Inoke! It's marianne, Saki vakalala's old girlfriend from BYUHawaii. I am trying to find a fijian in Hawaii that I know and I came across your blog. Your little girl is so cute. My family and I are coming to Hawaii and we get there on Thursday. I am trying to find some yummy fijian curry to feed them. DO you know anyone who would make it and we would pay them? I loved your blog!
Wow Marianne! It has been a LONG time! Email me your contact info at biutanaseva@gmail.com and I am sure I can hook you up with some curry... maybe even some roti too. :) How long will you guys be in HI for?
Post a Comment