Thanksgiving weekend was absolutely beautiful over here. Nadia and I had a great time just hanging out and playing outside in the nice sunshine while Inoke worked. Lucky thing Inoke and the guys at work made a lovo and I was able to send the turkey over to be cooked to perfection without a single baste. Why haven't I baked the turkey in the lovo every year? Seriously it was perfect, fall off the bone, tender and all I had to do was rub a little ginger on the skin and slice some onions for the cavity. Next year I will definately be cooking the turkey in the lovo again. Only problem is that for some odd reason Inoke refuses to eat turkey. How odd, I know; so that leaves me with 17lbs of meat to eat. Uh, I like turkey but c'mon not that much. Needless to say I have lots of turkey in the freezer to bring out over the next while. If anyone has any killer turkey recipies, I am open for suggestions.
Nadia is non stop action. She goes and goes and it is entertaining just to watch her. One thing of late is tantrums. Uh, I thought that only happened during the terrible twos? Nope. Nadia will go from sweet picture of an angel to a screaming her head off little girl in two seconds flat. I am open to suggestions on that as well. I read up that signing can help reduce frustrated little girls because it increases her ability to communicate since she isn't speaking yet. So I am working very hard on learning some basic signs and hope they will alleviate the tantrums. We will see. Here are a couple adorable pictures I took on Friday...




3 comments:
hahaha! oh the tantrums! we are going through that here but times two. it's laugh, laugh, play then and arch of the back, hold breath, scream and throw themselves on the ground. i usually just try to ignore it. i have taught the babies sign language (water, more, again, hungry) and they picked up on it fast. everytime they sign i reinforce it with what they want and that seems to help a ton. i just learned the signs on a website. you're doing a great job. good luck!
You are right...her tantrums are mostly out of frustration...that she can't communicate; can't get something to work the way she wants; not getting something she wants...frustration. Gabriel was the same way (still is...now that we are in the "terrible twos"). There are some tantrums you will be able to "prevent" because you will start to understand what she wants...and signing will also help. But a tantrum now and then is pretty healthy and normal for her. I think as parents we try to avoid the whole tantrum thing, but sometimes a kid just has to let it all out...it's a coping tool.
My best advice (if it's really worth anything)...take it in stride (although there will be days you want to run away)...it's a phase...part of their development. As she gets older and can talk more you will want to talk through some of the tantrums to help her understand her feelings and give her other outlets to cope...rather than screaming and throwing and hitting (which is what we are working on with Gabriel right now). ;)
She's a cutie...and you are a great mommie!
Oh darlin' I hate to say this, but I am STILL dealing with tantrums with my almost three year old and 4 1/2 year old. :)Ah, good times. But her cuteness makes up for it all, right? Love you!!!
Post a Comment