Saturday, July 9, 2011

Aloha Oe

Best Big Sister EVER... :)


Always the little helper Nadia couldn't resist eating as we cut the watermellon.

Playing at one of the local parks around here...

Little BBQ action on the back deck...

Sami is ALREADY five months old!

Yes, we are alive. Yes, I am again going to rededicate myself to keeping this blog updated.... now that we have successfully uprooted ourselves and replanted on the other side of the country (which I am beginning to think might as well be the other side of the planet) I am going to blog. There should be some entertaining stories to report on as our adventure begins in West Virginia. For example second day here I have to physically appear at the trash company office to set up service to our new home. No worries, I am used to things being a little slower and old fashioned I did just spend 13 years in Hawaii (which until our move here I was positive was the LAST place in the US that didn't accept credit cards and insisted on cash or personal checks for everything). So I digress, I am there setting up service and at the sight of my HI driver's license I instantly form a deep bond with the woman as I am the FIRST person with a HI DL to ever come in the office and she tells me all about here one trip to HI in 1997; then like a worried mother she asks me about our vehicle if we have 4 wheel drive and if we are going to survive in the winter months... as there are a "whole lot a hills and hollers, round these here parts" yes I swear word for word first time other than old episodes of the Beverly Hillbillies have I ever actually heard someone use the word "holler" in a sentence. All kidding aside I have to admit the people "round these here parts" have been genuinely hospitable and friendly. I am confident we are going to settle in and do just fine... eventually.


In the mean time here are a few pictures of our recent activities. (I LOVE staying home all day with the kids that has been a welcome change).

2 comments:

Teija said...

What the sam hill are you doing way over there? Sami is getting so big and they are both adorable!

Tora Family said...

Had to laugh at your story. ;)

Nadia is so cute with her baby brother! Can't believe Sami is already 5 months!