Friday, April 4, 2008

Gas Prices...

So here is my rant for the day. Gas prices are crazy in Hawaii. I realize that we are on an island and it does have to come over on a barge and all that, but come on. Were we live the current price at Chevron (the only gas station for 23 miles) is $3.57 for the regular unleaded. If I happen to make a trip to Honolulu I can stop in at COSTCO for the $3.45 "cheapest on the whole island" stuff. But when I sit and calculate how much it costs me to drive the 70 miles round trip to "town" it really doesn't help me out. In February when Inoke & I were in Arizona we filled up at a whopping $2.71 that is ALMOST a whole dollar cheaper! So I found these cartoons that made me laugh about the current situation and ever rising gas prices. At least I can laugh about it.


2 comments:

Annie said...

Yikes! We are around 3.15 or so. Some places in California are around $4.50! I'm so glad we got a more fuel efficient car for Ieli. Those cartoons are great!

Celeste Tabakece said...

Karla, I'm so glad you have a blog. I found it through Monica's. Anyway, we were just in Utah for the missionary reunion and Joape said you guys had a good time when you were up here. Well, it's going to be fun to see your blog and keep in touch better. Tell Inoke hello from the Tabakece's.