Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fiji Five

We decided to get away from all the wedding hustle and bustle one day. So up to the Le Suva we went. I had to have a laugh at the receipt that the Forestry Office gave us to enter the park. "2 overseas & 3 locals" Danielle and I cost $5/each. Inoke, Wes, and Esala were only $1/each. Only in Fiji. Wes wanted to hike down the trail from the first pool while Inoke wanted to drive down to the biggest pool at the bottom. So I got out and hiked while Inoke took the car down. Uh, someone should have said it was a full hour of a hike down steep muddy steps and massive spiderweb rain forest. There were eight different pools that all led to the big one at the bottom. It was a beautiful hike and by the time we reached the end Inoke was already swimming in the pool. I was totally bummed that I still couldn't swim so I watched as everyone else took turns on the rope swing. Ahh next trip I will swing too.

2 comments:

Annie said...

LOL! Good old Fiji! I think since you were married to the locals you should get a local price too. And thanks for the heads up about the hour long hike, I will definitely be driving the rental car down to the last pool ;) (Oh, and I have to say Wes kinda looks naked in his picture ha!)

The Varo's said...

Jealous, jealous, jealous.