Sunday, November 2, 2008

I'm Back.

For the few who read this, it has been a while since my last post. The last two months have been crazy. Hopefully I am now on the upswing of things and life is getting better again. In a nutshell I had surgery in Sept. It was supposed to be an easy in and out thing but with complications... it became 9 days in the hospital and a cut from sternum to just below my navel. Not so cool. Inoke was a super nurse/housekeeper/chef/husband. Seriously when they say if this doesn't kill you it will only make you stronger.... that was us. I couldn't lift more than ten pounds, and for the first 5 weeks I couldn't even sit up without help ( funny how much you use those stomach muscles to do everything) I spent six weeks trying to recover enough to go on our trip to Fiji. The doctors weren't going to let me go all the way until three days before we left. So when I finally got the green light for travel I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to figure all the things we needed to pack. Dressing an open wound in Fiji requires serious supplies. We did it and I survived our trip very well. (More on the trip to come). So that is my lame excuse for not blogging in a while...

3 comments:

Tora Family said...

Well, gee...I wouldn't call being cut open from sternum to belly button a lame excuse for not blogging. I just thought maybe you were trying to show your support for Sarah Palin - :)

Annie said...

That is so NOT a good excuse for not blogging, come on.

I'm glad you are out of the woods!

The Memea family said...

Surgery! Come on. Surely you could have come up with something better!
I should talk, right!! My excuse is nothing compared to yours! That sucks about the surgery but I'm glad that you are doing better.