Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Our Newest Addition...

Last Friday we welcomed Baby Nadia to our little family. Uh, no you didn't miss nine months of pregnancy, I am really not that great at keeping secrets. We are adopting her, she is Inoke's sister Finau's little one. She was born on October 15th and we have been anxiously awaiting her arrival to Hawaii for the last seven weeks. She is amazing. Truly amazing. I love her curly dark hair, and her big black eyes mesmerize you with her stares. We are all adjusting and enjoying having family around for the first little bit. Finau and Jay came down with Vaka and Nadia; then Inoke's parents arrived from Fiji on Sunday, so we have a full house. It is a pretty close call as to what Inoke loves more; having Nadia around, or having Finau and his Mom cook all his favorite Fijian foods. One thing is clear though, that little girl has Inoke wrapped around her little pinkie... uh oh I can see how this is going to be...

10 comments:

Brittany said...

WOW!! I am FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW!!! Congratulations you all of you. What a beautiful child! We are so happy for you! Yay!!

Druava Family said...

Congrats you two!! I am so excited she is beautiful! I hope we are able to see your family soon, before she gets to big. Maraia needs a little girl to play with. Congratulation, take care and keep us updating on how things are going.

The Varo's said...

WAHOO! I have been waiting for this post! I am so glad we don't have to keep it a secret anymore!

Karla, she's a beauty. I am so so happy for you guys. We love you all.

Celeste Tabakece said...

When Ife told me I started to cry. I think it is the emotions from my own pregnancy, but I have been checking your blog every day waiting to see if you would post something. What a beauty she is for sure. We are so happy for your new family. We know you'll be the best parents.

fijiangirl said...

Saying that I am thrilled for you and Inoke doesn't even come close to describe what I am feeling right now at this exciting news. I have been praying for you and Inoke to receive such a special blessing, I can't believe it. You are going to be such an amazing mother and I can't wait to meet her. Congratulations! We love you guys!

Annie said...

She is absolutely beautiful! I am SO incredibly happy for you guys. Hopefully I will get to come and see you SOON!!

The Memea family said...

Karla! Oh my goodness, she is beautiful. Congratulations!

Leilani said...

Congratulations! That is the most exciting news ever! I can't wait to see more pictures and hear more about your new life with baby Nadia.

mary said...

she is SOO precious!! congratulations!! you guys are going to be the bomb parents. your daughter is adorable.

Summer's World said...

What the crap!!! How did that happen???? I'm so excited for you!!! Being a mom's the best!!!