Sunday, December 21, 2008

Seven years later...

Today Inoke and I celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary. What?! How can it already be seven years? Holy smokes. I remember the day so clear I was a 22 year old that knew everything and could be told nothing... soon thereafter I became a 22 year old that knew nothing; but still could be told nothing. The crazy thing about it all is I still feel like I am 22; not 29 going on 30. Inoke and I have had an awesome 7 years and at the risk of sounding all mushy; I am so greatful that he is there with me for eternity.

No big plans for celebrating this year. We are just enjoying a quiet day home with Nadia. I can honestly say, she is the best anniversary, Christmas, birthday present all in one. I would rather stay home with her than go anywhere or do anything. Funny how fast you can totally adore a little baby girl.

5 comments:

The Varo's said...

congratulations! have a happy day!

Annie said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I can't believe how fast time flies. I remember your 5th anniversary thinking wow, that's a long time. Now I am looking into the face of our 5th anniversary too. I'm glad you are having a nice day with your hubby and sweet baby. :) Love you guys!

Tora Family said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow - it's kind of funny to think we were getting married around the same time.
Our 7yr wedding anniversary is the 29th...we were married a week apart!

Having a new baby in the home makes you want to spend all your days home enjoying family time. I don't think we went on a date with just the two of us until Gabriel was about 10 months old...we were just so in love with him and just loved spending time with him (not that we don't now)...but, maybe that was just us.

When we finally ventured out for a date...we were sitting in a movie and halfway through it Patrick leans over and says he kind of misses the bambino (as we sometimes call him)...to which I replied, "me too." But, after the movie we went to dinner and actually got through a meal with an uninterrupted conversation, so we were also reminded how much we enjoyed our one-on-one time as a couple... :)

The Memea family said...

What! Your 29! I didn't know we were the same age! Not that I thought you were old or anything!

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! Seven Years, they do go by fast!

Druava Family said...

Happy Anniversary!! I hope you both enjoy your day.