As I have metioned before, Inoke stays home with Nadia on Wednesday and Thursday. He has become quite the skilled babysitter these past few weeks. The other day I came home for lunch break and found him on the ground reading Nadia her favorite books. Nothing funny about that; except instead of the normal "Goodnight Moon" it was the Fijian version. He was translating the story into Fijian and I couldn't stop laughing. It just sounds so funny to hear the story in Fijian. Don't get me wrong I am really glad that he works very hard to speak only Fijian to her so she can learn both English and Fijian; it was just a funny sight.
Another of his favorite activities is Skype. Well if you can call Skype an activity. Can I just say that I love Skype?!?! It saves me so much money on $5 phone cards and you get to actually see the people! It is the best. You know it is Inoke's day off because the first thing he wants to do when Nadia wakes up in the morning (even before her bath, bottle, diaper change, etc.) is get on the laptop with her and talk to family. It is really cute watching her sit there and smile at Nei Talei on the other side of the world in England. Inoke loves to show off Nadia and Nadia loves to smile and babble on at the screen. It is pretty dang funny.
I got a couple pictures the other day:




4 comments:
That is good. That is something we are working on getting. Our computer is to big for Skype. She is getting big. You guys must be having fun. She is really cute. We are happy you guys have her.
I am so jealous that Inoke speaks to her in Fijian! It's like pulling teeth trying to get Ieli to do the same :( And we definitely need to skype sometime...I need to see that baby!
Oh Karla! She's a baby doll! Skype has saved us lots of money too. Kali speaks to the babies in Fijian too and they just stare at him like he's speaking a foreign language....hmmm. :)
Good luck with the speaking Fijian thing. Peni was great at it until our last baby. Now he just complaigns that it is too hard to switch back and forth. Bummer because when he does speak to the kids in Fijian Girly usually says "Stop speaking Spanish!" However, they will forever call him Tata, I don't think Logan knows what a dad is. He only knows tata.
Post a Comment