Nadia turned four months this past Sunday. I can't believe how fast time is going. She keeps getting bigger and bigger; and her personality is just shining through. She makes us laugh everyday with her big smiles and babbling. She is eating and sleeping amazingly well and I feel so totally lucky to have such an "easy" baby (well that is what everyone keeps telling me). Then this week out of nowhere she changed. All of a sudden she is drooling all over everything and biting down on anything she can get her hands on (including her hands) and then out of the blue she started screaming. My little happy angel screamed her head off. I was wracking my brain what could be wrong. No the diaper is fresh, no she just ate plenty, no the passy is not doing it... oh wait *ding* the light went on all I had to do was rub her little gums and boom instant solution. Ohhh she is TEETHING. I know it is not rocket science and I should totally be able to figure out how to fix it. So we got some Infant Oragel and she seems to calm down with that. If any of you Super Moms out there have any tricks of the trade concerning teething I am all ears. Other than that here are the top two pics of the week and a little slide show of Baby Girl. 



6 comments:
It's different for every baby, but Gabriel liked to chew on a cool, damp wash cloth.
He also has a vibrating teether that vibrates when he bites on it (First Years brand). He loves it, but didn't use it until around a year old. I think There are also teething tablets, but I've never tried those.
When it got really rough (and it got that way when some of his bigger teeth started coming in)...where he is was up half the night and ran a fever I gave him infant tylenol which helped a TON.
Good luck!
I use Hyland's teething gel and teething tablets for Matthew. They are homeopathic and work really well. You can find them at Down to Earth, sometimes Wal-mart, and the drug store. I never saw them at Foodland.
We used infant orajel (which also comes in night time) and that seemed to help them tons. We also got ice rings and a few hard rings and they loved them. They chewed on everything. You are doing amazing so keep it up. It isn't easy to figure out.
Her teeth will come in and out, unless you are lucky and they just come through. Here is another key to check if her neck is hot it could mean teething. Things I love to learn from my mom and sisters. Just think I went through two at once! :)
You know, since Mallina has always been a bad sleeper I think we were blessed with her being a good teether. I only distinctly remember her getting her molars and her screaming at the top of her lungs for one night and then it was over. With Eva I kept the Tylenol handy and if she seemed to have a bad night I would give her some of that and she would be fine. I also used those Hyland teething tablets on her, but didn't notice that they did any miracles. I know they weren't at Foodland, I must have gotten them at Walmart, but I don't remember! Good luck!
And I love Nadia's dress...is it from Carters? I think my mom bought it for Lucy...that last shot of her is darling!
I am only commenting so you know I check on you and that cutie little girl. No advice from me...you know how bossy I am! xoxo Me
I am right here with you! Liahona and Levu are teething now and drool all the time. I change them each a good 3 or 4 times a day. All that dried drool grosses me out! Good luck and if you discover any miracle let me know!
Post a Comment