Yesterday we had our adoption hearing down in Honolulu. Inoke and I were a little nervous on the way down not knowing what exactly to expect and if the judge was going to ask us a million questions; but it went fabulous. The longest part was waiting to get in to see the judge then the actual hearing only took about ten minutes. Nadia was great, she just sat there on Inoke's lap and looked around smiling. It was really cute. So now all the paperwork is officially done and we are a little family. Not that we needed the paperwork to make us a family; but it is easier not to have to carry around documents giving me permission to take her to the doctor or other things biological parents take for granted. We took a couple pictures on our way out (one day soon I will get a picture with all three of us together...) and then headed to Waikele and bought her a cute new outfit and got some dinner before heading home.

At the end of the day we had one tuckered out little girl...
8 comments:
I am happy and excited for your family. When Belle was placed in my arms the first time I knew we were a family....but the day we left the courthouse left me with such relief and joy. I knew no one could take apart our family. We are starting the adoption process for Belle to Abete and then it will even more complete. Adoption is a blessing. Heavenly provided a way for families to come together in different ways. However they are formed, they are no less a family. XOXO
Tara
Congrats!! We are so excited for you. You will need to tell me what size she is so we can send you something cute! We are really excited for you. We love you all tons.
Congratulations!! That's wonderful news. I'm so glad everything went smoothly. You definitely need a family picture!!
WAHOO! What a blessing that sweet little girl is! Congratulations, we are so so happy for you.
OHHHH I bet you are so excited! Congratulations!!! She is such a precious little doll!
Congratulations! I am so happy to hear that everything went well. Does this mean you can have her sealed to you now? Maybe I can talk Peni into letting me sneak away for a little trip for the sealing in Kona! (Isn't the Laie temple closed for the next year?)
Congratulations! What wonderful news!
Carla,
Congratulations! She is such a beautiful little girl! I am so glad everything went smoothly. You have a beautiful family.
Norma
Post a Comment