Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I know this is a few days late, (I have a good excuse). Sunday was the first Mother's Day in a long time that I was actually excited to go to church. The past seven years or so Mother's Day has been one of those dreaded holidays that I am lucky if I survive without shedding a tear or two. This year however, I am no longer the excluded lady with no children, now I am a mama too. Inoke was very kind in that he realized the significance of this Mother's Day and got me a sweet present... (picture below). I still cooked breakfast and lunch for us.... but Inoke did hold Nadia while I ate first and enjoyed my meal. Here are a few pictures that we took after church. Yes, I know that I have a slight obsession with matching Nadia and my church clothes... But hey, let me have my fun. So happy belated Mother's Day to all you mamas out there and don't give up on Mother's Day to all you who are yet to become mamas.
And here is my sweet present from Inoke... A beautiful new Coach purse and matching wallet that can double as a stylish "diaper bag" when necessary. He definitely scored major points this year...

3 comments:

Teija said...

Happy Happy Mothers Day Karla!! I am sure you are such a great mom! You guys are such a cute family!

The Memea family said...

Yea, I know it's almost a week late but Happy Mothers Day...and to the many more to come!

Annie said...

I'm so glad you had a good mother's day! I hope that isn't the only good one you get ;) You deserve the best. I am jealous of your new bag-nice!