Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cruisin' the sights of da Big Island

As I said below Inoke was thrilled to get a Hummer to drive around for the weekend. I am glad he enjoyed it. Here are some pictures of the sights and the Captain James Cook Memorial. I think Captain Cook interests me because he is pretty famous back in Alaska for his discoveries, so I feel connected in a sense. We drove just over an hour down crazy windy roads and through the back country to get to this monument. Then when we were parking, Inoke was convinced that we took a wrong turn since there wasn't really any big signs... nope that is is a small heiau and a plaque dedicated to Captain James Cook. Hey it was an adventure, and I am glad we got to see it. Notice the picture with Inoke and his favorite sign... "No Park Dis Space" yep only in Hawaii. After we found a little mom and pop shop and got some Shave Ice... it was fun.

3 comments:

The Varo's said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH! I am so jealous! It looks like you guys had so much fun and what an awesome Father's Day present for Inoke! Lucky Duck!

Wes and Danielle said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast. Glad that Nox's got to drive the hummer. I am glad Wes got you such a great deal. You and Nadia look so cute!

Kirsten said...

That sign is the funniest....lol. Looks like so much fun...now you need to come camp with us..not quite a posh hotel but...good company.