I have noticed that I am slacking on the picture updates around here. Things have been going well the past few weeks. We are enjoying the early summer and getting to the beach more often. Nadia is really taking to the beach now that she is a little older. She loves to pick up hand fulls of sand and splash around the water.
The most recent mantra of the house has been "If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again." Nadia is trying so hard to crawl. I never realized how painful it would be for me to sit back and let her do repeated face plants into the floor. Ahh, it takes every ounce of control to keep myself sitting there and not to "rescue" her. She on the other hand just rolls over and gets back up on all fours and tries again and again and again. She is so close to getting it right, I am excited and a little timid at the same time. After all, crawling means mobile... mobile means child proof the house and baby jail time... I have some things to do to prepare.
The most recent mantra of the house has been "If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again." Nadia is trying so hard to crawl. I never realized how painful it would be for me to sit back and let her do repeated face plants into the floor. Ahh, it takes every ounce of control to keep myself sitting there and not to "rescue" her. She on the other hand just rolls over and gets back up on all fours and tries again and again and again. She is so close to getting it right, I am excited and a little timid at the same time. After all, crawling means mobile... mobile means child proof the house and baby jail time... I have some things to do to prepare.
Added to the crawling attempts are her first two teeth. The bottom two teeth have broken through the gums and they are sharp little buggers that is for sure. She seems to be handling teething well, only main complaint I have is the constant slobbery drool. She drools like a Saint Bernard these days. One of her favorite things to do is to give kisses. I love kisses from her (even if they are a bit slobbery at times). Inoke and I have learned to love baby drool, well Nadia's drool at least.
Here are a couple pictures from yesterday. We took advantage of the beautiful evening by sitting out on the grass and "practicing" crawling before bath time.

First faceplant of the evening...

Up again... try, try, again.

Big hugs from daddy, on the "attempts."

Still smiling at the end of it all.
4 comments:
ahhhhhhhhh! once she gets crawling, everything is going to change! good luck!
Go Nadia Go! Good luck with the baby proofing. And don't worry if you don't get it all the first go round...she will be sure to let you know what you missed ;)
how beautiful can she be??!! how fun- wish we were at the beach...
I love her faces in the pictures! So cute! Ahh, the joys of motherhood! It is good that she's not too bad with teething. Kyra and William get so sick with the cut teeth! Good luck with the crawling...and eventually walking.
Post a Comment