We have had a couple scorchers the last week or so. Summer has officially begun down here in Hawaii. It is hot, hot, hot. I am so grateful that our house has a decent breeze, when and if there are trade winds, we get them. I don't know how we would survive without the trade winds, I love them... Saturday I took Nadia over to have a "play date" with my friend Adrian's little boy Kahiapo. We were going to go to the beach... but those "blessed" trade winds were fierce on Saturday and while they keep the house cool, they also blow sand in every crack and crevice of your body... (not so cool). So we opted for blowing up the kiddy pool and let the kids have some splashing in the yard. Nadia was a little timid at first... but she warmed up to the idea and soon was enjoying herself immensely.



And here are a couple shots of my little curly hair diva. I really love all her little curls, they are slowly getting longer...
5 comments:
We love the summer also. You are truly lucky to have the trade winds. Our managers just had a tree cut, which means a hotter yard. Why they didn't wait is beyond us. You and Nadia look amazing. Can't wait to see you.
I learned something that might be useful for you and the sand. If you take baby powder with you to the beach, and sprinkle it on Nadia when she gets done playing in the sand, it magically gets all of the sand off. It works miracles in the diaper area too. Especially for girls and all of their sandy crevices! You probably already knew this, but thought I'd share just in case.
THE BEACH! Oh how I miss that place! Hawaii winds were always so nice, in Arizona it feels like a hair dryer when it's windy...ugh. I have heard of Celeste's baby powder magic too. Think of me next time you go to the beach.
Hello! I didn't even comment on that little sugar lump Nadia! She sure is a cutie pie!
Oh the eyelashes! Oh the curls! I love that baby!! We made it to Utah...maybe I can finally send and email back to you :)
Monica, I miss the hot hair dryer wind already.
Post a Comment