Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Yaca...

One last exciting happening from our trip to Fiji. While we were there Inoke's sister Wati had a beautiful baby girl. The totally exciting part about it is they gave the honor to me of being her "Yaca." Often times in Fijian culture children are named after important family members like grandparents or special uncles or aunts. The baby is then called their "Yaca" or "Name." So Wati's baby girl is now named Karla Ann after me. She is a beauty! I love her dark curls and her big eyes and she waited for me to get there before she made her entrance into the world. (Seriously, we pulled into the driveway and Wati was waiting at the dinner table bags packed ready to go to the hospital, already in labor). She was 4.4 kg or about 9lbs 7oz., and another cool tidbit her birthday is 10/21 and my birthday is 01/12. How cool is that? So here are a couple pictures of my beautiful little Yaca.
Baby Karla Ann, 10/21/2009, 9lbs. 7oz.
Yaca's sister Juju (who is a Yaca to Inoke's Grandma Sulueti), Yaca, and Nolani.
Nolani, Me, and my Yaca or as Juju always says Baby Aunty Karla. :)

Nadia giving kisses to Yaca. She loved to give her kisses... but got a little jealous if I tried to hold Yaca too much. So I waited for Nadia's naps to spend time with Yaca. :)

3 comments:

Wes and Danielle said...

She is so cute! I know you are excited to have your Yaca. I am happy that Wait had her while you were there. That is exciting. We love to see your pictures. :) Nadia is so cute!

The Varo's said...

she's a doll Karla! i love her hair!

fijiangirl said...

She is a cutie. I have a yaca too but have yet to meet her. Little Amy was given the nickname of "blackie" since she is darker than anyone else in the family. Kinda funny that she is named after the whitest person in the family! We so need to plan a trip to Fiji together someday!